Saturday, December 10, 2011

Vera Wang

Another one of my favorite designers is Vera Wang. She knows how to play-up simple clothing and make it look glamorous. For example, in her Spring 2010 show, Wang displayed a lot of LBD's (little black dresses), but played them up with unexpected mesh and statement necklaces, and voila! A totally plain black dress was suddenly transformed into a masterpiece of an outfit. I loved this look so much that I set out to find a similar dress and not surprisingly, I found the perfect dress at my favorite store, Target. I then added my own statement necklace and heels, adapting Vera Wang's runway look for (most likely) a fraction of the cost! As my mom and I always say, "Gotta love Target! *pronounced in a French accent-Tarjay* "

(Dress, Target. Necklace, Juicy Couture. Heels, Steve Madden.)
Runway photos courtesy of Elle.com


Vera Wang spring 2010 fashion 336936
Vera Wang spring 2010 fashion 336936





No comments:

Post a Comment